CUSCO AND THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN
04 DAYS / 03 NIGHTS
DAY 01: CUSCO - CITY TOUR & NEARBY RUINS
Arrival in Cusco, reception and transfer to the selected hotel. Rest of the morning free to acclimatize to the altitude of 3,350 m.a.s.l. Approximately.
Between 13:20 and 13:45 hrs, we will start the pick-up at the hotels, to begin with the visit to the city and nearby ruins: the tour will show us the impressive colonial city built on Inca bases; we will visit
- THE CATHEDRAL, of Renaissance structure and with fine paintings of the "Cuzco School",
KORICANCHA, or Temple of the Sun.
We continue with the visit to the four ruins near in Cusco:
- SACSAYHUAMAN (large fortress located 5 km from the city),
- QENQO (sacred amphitheater, center of worship to the god Puma, place where human sacrifices were made),
- PUCAPUCARA ("red fortress" due to the tonality of its rocks with the light of twilight)
- TAMBOMACHAY (temple to worship water). Return to the hotel.
Accommodation in Cusco.
DAY 02: SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, we will pick you up from your hotel to make our visit to the Sacred Valley. During the tour we will visit
the town of Pisac, a picturesque mestizo colonial town, and on Sundays Mass is celebrated in Quechua,
then we visit on the way the villages of
Lunch Buffet. In the afternoon, a guided tour of the town of Ollantaytambo, where the archaeological park of Ollantaytambo is located, a gigantic agricultural, social, religious and military administrative complex in the time of Tahuantinsuyo. Return to Cusco and accommodation.
Accommodation in Cusco.
DAY 03: CUSCO - RAINBOW MOUNTAIN-MOUNTAIN OF 7 COLORS
Very early in the morning at approximately 3:30 a.m., pick up from the hotel to start our tour. Our 3 hour trip in a private vehicle towards the foothills of the snow-capped mountain, Ausangate, when we arrive at our destination, we prepare our breakfast after a brief talk with the passengers we begin our trek after we start our trek with a professional guide, who will explain the different customs and mysticism that hides the Andean mountain range and the Quechua settler who lives in this place. At noon we will have a short break for lunch. In the afternoon return to their respective hotels. Accommodation in Cusco.
DÍA 04: CUSCO
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure transfer at the appropriate time.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- Breakfast on this day will depend on the time of departure from the hotel.
- The hours of the excursions will be reconfirmed at the destination.
- Transfers In / Out
- 03 Nights accommodation in Cusco with breakfast.
- City Tour Cusco and 4 nearby ruins
- Sacred Valley of the Incas with lunch.
- Mountain of 7 colors/Rainbow mountain
- Shared services with professional Spanish or English speaking guides.
- Entrance fees to the attractions included
- National or international air tickets.
- Services not detailed in the program.