Inca Trail To Machu Picchu 4d
INCA TRAIL 2019 TO MACHU PICCHU 4 DAYS: Imperios Travel Perú offers you different trekking options on the Inca Trail, so you can combine this adventure along some other highlights from this fantastic country. And as always, all the different travelling ingredients on this tour have been precociously selected by specialists of voyaging so you just have to enjoy the wonderful landscapes while hiking to Machu Picchu.
duration : 4 Days | 3 Nights
INCA TRAIL 2019 TO MACHU PICCHU
04 DAYS | 03 NIGHTS
Hiking the Inca Trail to Machupicchu in Peru is South America's greatest trekking adventures. And ranked as one of the three best treks of the world.
The trail starts at an altitude of about 2,800 masl from Km 82/Piscacucho and traverses the Andes, crossing exciting sites like Dead Woman's Pass which, at 4,200 meters high, is the peak point of the trek. A few other impressive Inca sites are waiting for you such as Wiñayhuayna or "Forever Young" before descending towards the always fascinating Machu Picchu (2,450 m).
It takes four days to reach the legendary Inca city and, with the exception of the Dead Woman's Pass, getting to Machu Picchu is not too demanding.
The Inca Trail is rightly famous for its spectacular Andean scenery, full of snow-capped mountains between June and October, as well as the captivating Inca ruins you could meet along the way.
The history of Peru is brought to life by our professional tour guides as we walk in the footsteps of the Incas in the company of their modern day descendants, our porters from the Sacred Valley.
Imperios Tavel Perú offers you different trekking options on the Inca Trail, so you can combine this adventure along some other highlights from this fantastic country. And as always, all the different travelling ingredients on this tour have been precociously selected by specialists of voyaging so you just have to enjoy the wonderful landscapes while hiking to Machu Picchu.
|DAY 1||Transfer at 6:30 a.m.
Bus to Km 82/Piscacucho.
10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hike to Machu Picchu.
Piscacucho – Wayllabamba
|DAY 2||Hike at 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Inca Trail to Machupicchu.
Wayllabamba – Llulluchapampa – Pacaymayu
|DAY 3||Hike at 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
Pacaymayu – Phuyupatamarca – Winayhuayna
|DAY 4||Hike at 4:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Hike to Machu Picchu
Winayhuayna – Machu Picchu
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Tour to Machu Picchu:
Return by train to Ollantaytambo and minibus to Cusco.
Optional: visit of the Hot Springs in Machupicchu-Aguas Calientes
DAY 01: TREKING TO INCA TRAIL TO MACCHUPICCHU
Cusco - KM 82/Piscacucho - Wayllabamba
At 6:30 am our guide goes pick you all up from your hotel so you can be transported by bus to Km 82 where we arrive at approximately 10 am. Here we are happy to present you the team that is going to accompany us during this Machu Picchu HIKE tour, such as the insanely strong porters, the camp assistants, or even the various and talented cooks. We can begin our hike.
This first day is pretty easy for the first kilometers; we could enjoy a beautiful view of Mount Veronica and trek along the river Vilcanota until the Patallacta's archaeological site. After lunch we continue until Huayllabamba where we set up our camp for the night.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner.
DAY 02: HIKING TO MACHU PICCHU
Wayllabamba - Llulluchapampa - Pacaymayo
After an energetic breakfast, we start our second day of hike, perhaps the most difficult of this 4 day hike to Machu Picchu as we have to climb to the pass of Warmihuañusca, at 4,200 meters high. In this place, the highest in the Inca Trail, we enjoy a spectacular view of the whole Andes range.
After lunch we start the descent towards the valley of Pacaymayo, where we prepare our new camp.
DAY 03: HIKING TO MACHUPICCHU -PACAYMAYO - PHUYUPATAMARCA – WIÑAYWAYNA
Pacaymayo - Phuyupatamarca - Wiñaywayna
On a quite early morning after our delicious breakfast we return to the path. We head off towards Runkuracay to visit its archaeological remains, and then continue hiking to the 3,900 meters mountain pass of the same name, where we begin our descent to the ruins of Sayacmarca. After lunch, our hike takes us to WiñayWayna, which is our last night in camp.
Optional: we can use the showers of the restaurant we have lunch at, always a good option to remember warm water.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
DAY 04: HIKING TO MACHU PICCHU
Wiñayhuayna - Machu PiccHu
After breakfast we will continue the hike until we reach Intipunku (Puerta del Sol) from where we will have a spectacular view of the sunrise in the lost city of the Inkas "Machu picchu", we will descend for 01 hour then we will have for 2 hours a guided tour of the most important sites, then you can explore the mysterious city at your own pace.
We took the bus to the town of Aguas Calientes.
You will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes, optional visit to the thermal springs of the village "fee for admission fee $ 4 dollars at the entrance".
In the afternoon train back to Ollantaytambo and transfer to Cusco. We will be in Cusco at approximately 22:30pm.
The itinerary and campsites provided by the INC (institution that runs the Inca Trail) are subject to change depending on the time of booking. It can also vary depending on the climate or the health status of the trekkers. The train (to and from Ollantaytambo) included in every tour is the Expedition Service. Train times will only be confirmed near the time of the trek; thus if you join a group later we cannot guarantee you will be travelling on the same trains as the rest of the group. Train times are also subject to change depending on the train company timetables or availability.
- Transfers In / Out
- Transportation Cusco-Km 82. Piscacucho. (Start of hike).
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Assistant tour guide (for groups of 9 or more people)
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks, 3 dinners and various snacks to be eaten throughout the day; the first breakfast and every meals after the breakfast on day 4 are not included.
- Professional cook: all our fresh vegetables are washed in iodine water prior to serving and we provide only boiled, filtered or iodized water for drinking. Vegetarian food on request at no extra cost! All dietary requirements from vegans, lacto-allergies and general dislikes can be catered for so long as prior warning is given when booking the trip
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- First aid kit
- 1 oxygen tank
- Porters (carrying the food and cooking equipment)
- Quadruple & waterproof camping tent (cap. 4 fitting 2).
- 1 sleeping mattress per person.
- Touristic bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Expedition train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco
- First breakfast before the transfer on the first day – lunch at the last day at Aguas Calientes.
- Sleeping bag.
- Extra porter for personal items.
- Tips are not included but it is optional
- Walking sticks (15 $ for a pair of sticks).
- Extra porter for personal items (90$ for 7 Kilos – max. 7 Kilos).
- Upgrade to Single room in Aguas Calientes (70$) for nights.
- Upgrade to Vistadome train (80$ ).
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu (65$) – There is only a limited space at Huayna Picchu (400 persons per day), so it is a good idea to book in advance.
- We can help you to book hotels (standard and luxury) in whole Peru.
- Hotels in Cusco: no matter what the standard you would like (Standard, Economy, First Class, or Luxury) you should ask us to book your room as we know all the different rates for every hotel in Cusco and might secure you a pretty sweet deal.
- To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a valid ISIC card. Scan the card and email us the copy at the time of your booking. We will then offer a $20 discount per student.
- For children younger than 16, we offer a $20 discount (you also need to scan and email us a copy of the passports).
- For children younger than 7, we offer a $50 discount (same here: you need to scan and email the passports).
- Original passport (and International Student card (ISIC) if applicable).
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- Comfortable trousers.
- Sun hat.
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Insect repellent.
- Personal medication.
- Camera and films.
- Torch with spare batteries (headlamps are the best).
Optional Items to Take | Inca Trail Tour to Machu Picchu 4 Days
Optional Items to Take | Inca Trail Tour to Machu Picchu 2 Days.
- Walking stick (with rubber tip).
- Plasters and bandages.
- Extra money.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes) where the entrance fee at the door is US$4.
WHEN TO BOOK THE INCA TRAIL TREK 4 DAYS
The government has strictly limited the number of people permitted on the Inca Trail (permits are issued to about 200 trekkers per day plus 300 porters this 500 permits include 4 days inca trail). We recommend that you make a trek booking as early as posible we recommend 4 months in advance.
It's recommended to book the tour inca trail to Machu Picchu 2 days in advance, before booking flight tickets and hotels, because there are limited spots to reservation for Inca trail at INC and PERU RAIL (train Tickets).