INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU
02 DAYS | 01 DAY
The Inca Trail has always been a wonder, part of a network of 30.000 km. of trails going from Mendoza in Argentina to the border between Ecuador and Colombia, and an essential piece of the road system of the Inca's Empire. Vibrant with some of the most incredible nature you could encounter on a trek due to the subtropical forest situation, full of valleys, snow-capped mountains and an amazing variety of plants, birds, and animals, crossing archaeological sites and traditional living culture of the Sacred Valley of the Incas while using its cautiously preserved stairs and tunnels and ending at the legendary Machu Picchu.
Hiking the Inca Trail with Inca Trail Expeditions will be one of those experiences that you will remember forever as this is quite the essential Peruvian travel adventure, a perfect mix of cosmopolitan and traditional Andean life. For this Machu Picchu Hiking Tour you could immerse yourself in that gigantic and preserved Inca culture listening to the locals proudly defending their traditions while learning one or two Quechua words on the way, plunge in those fantastic sceneries true living paintings of Mother Nature and redefine the way you are travelling while everything else is taken care of.
Like every Inca Trail Expeditions Tour, the Inca Trail Tour to Machu Picchu is a journey tailored by traveling specialists so you can enjoy every minute without wasting any money
ITINERARY MACHU PICCHU HIKING TOUR 2D/1N
Bus till Ollantaytambo - Train till Km 104/Chachabamba.
10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hike to Machu Picchu. Chachabamba – Winayhayna – Machu Picchu Optional: visit of the Hot Springs in Machupicchu Pueblo
6:00 a.m. to 5:30p.m.
Tour to Machu Picchu: Guided tour Free Afternoon Return by train to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco
MACHU PICCHU HIKING TOUR DAY 1
CUSCO - CHACHABAMBA - WIÑAYWAYNA - MACHU PICCHU
We pick you up by bus from your hotel at 5:40 am (depending on the train time) and take you to the train station. We travel by train on a very picturesque route for 2 and a half hours until we reach the kilometer 104 – Chachabamba, where we begin our exciting adventure: Hiking the Inca Trail . From here, we have a walk of approximately 4 hours up to the Inca site Wiñay Wayna ('Forever Young') (2680m/8792ft).
Then we continue on to Inti Punku ('Sun gate') (2730m/8957ft) from where you have your first view over the Majestic Machu Picchu (2400m/7873ft). We walk down the last part of the trail towards the ancient city itself. Before reaching Machu Picchu, we have a short rest and then descend to Aguas Calientes or Machupicchu Pueblo using the tourist bus. We arrive at around 4:30pm, and transfer to our hotel where we overnight.
Meals: Lunch - Tea Time - Dinner.
MACHU PICCHU HIKING TOUR DAY 2
Excursion at Machu Picchu
After a rich and tasty breakfast, we take the bus at approximately 6 am up to Macchu Pichu so we can enjoy the beautiful sunrise. A hiking tour of around 2 hours is given by your tour guide, after which you can explore the mysterious city all by yourselves. When you feel you are full of the mystical vibes of that legendary place we return to Aguas Calientes to catch the train back to Ollantaytambo followed by a bus to Cusco. You should back to your hotel at 10:30 pm. And here ends your Machu Picchu hiking adventure. Meals: Breakfast
- Transfers In / Out
- Transportation from Cusco till Km. 104/Chachabamba where we start hike the Inca Trail.
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Assistant tour guide (for groups of 9 or more people)
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus tickets to Machupicchu Inca City and to Machupicchu town
- 1 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1-afternoon snack, 1 dinner and various snacks to be eaten throughout the day; the first breakfast and every meal after the breakfast on days 2 are not included.
- First aid kit
- 1 oxygen tank
- Porters (carrying the food and cooking equipment)
- 1 night in a touristic hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Expedition train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco
- First breakfast before the transfer on the first day – lunch at the last day at Aguas Calientes.
- Extra porter for personal items.
- Tips are not included but it is optional
- Walking sticks (15 $ for a pair of sticks).
- Extra porter for personal items (60$ for 7 Kilos – max. 7 Kilos).
- Upgrade to Single room in Aguas Calientes (35$) pr 01 night.
- Upgrade to Vistadome train (80$ ).
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu (75$) – There is only a limited space at Huayna Picchu (400 persons per day), so it is a good idea to book in advance.
- We can help you to book hotels (standard and luxury) in whole Peru.
Hotels in Cusco: no matter what the standard you would like (Standard, Economy, First Class, or Luxury) you should ask us to book your room as we know all the different rates for every hotel in Cusco and might secure you a pretty sweet deal.
- To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a valid ISIC card. Scan the card and email us the copy at the time of your booking. We will then offer a $20 discount per student.
- For children younger than 16, we offer a $20 discount (you also need to scan and email us a copy of the passports).
- For children younger than 7, we offer a $50 discount (same here: you need to scan and email the passports).
- Original passport (and International Student card (ISIC) if applicable).
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- Comfortable trousers.
- Sun hat.
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Insect repellent.
- Personal medication.
- Camera and films.
- Torch with spare batteries (headlamps are the best).
- Optional Items to Take | Inca Trail Tour to Machu Picchu 2 Days.
- Walking stick (with rubber tip).
- Plasters and bandages.
- Extra money.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes) where the entrance fee at the door is US$4.
WHEN TO BOOK THE INCA TRAIL TREK 2 DAYS
The government has strictly limited the number of people permitted on the Inca Trail (permits are issued to about 200 trekkers per day plus 300 porters these 500 permits include 4 days Inca trail). We recommend that you make a trek booking as early as possible we recommend 4 months in advance.
It's recommended to book the tour Inca trail to Machu Picchu 2 days in advance, before booking flight tickets and hotels, because there are limited spots to reservation for Inca trail at INC and PERU RAIL (train Tickets).