SHORT INCA TRAIL + HUAYNAPICCHU
3 DAYS | 02 NIGHTS
(Included a full day in Machu Picchu)
Hiking the Inca Trail is a unique experience that you have to try once in your life: intense and fabulous trekking through a range of spectacular Inca ruins while contemplating some of the most marvelous sceneries on the way.
Extraordinary landscapes, walking the Inca Trail through different ecological systems, amazing variety of flora and fauna, the adventures awaiting for you along the 3 day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu present original cobble stones and allow you to visit the most important Inca complex on the way, Wiñayhuayna also known as "Forever Young". And you finish your trek at the impressive Inca citadel of Macchu Picchu so needless to say that this is an experience you are not to forget anytime soon.
Like every Inca Trail Expeditions Tour, this adventure has been designed by travelling specialists so you can completely rely on us for everything and be sure every dime of yours is wisely spent.
SERVICE LEVEL: COMFORT
|DAY 1||6:30 a.m.
Bus till Ollantaytambo - Train till Km 104/Chachabamba.
10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hike to Machu Picchu.
Chachabamba – Winayhayna – Machu Picchu
|DAY 2||6:00 a.m. to 5:30p.m.
Tour to Machu Picchu:
Optional: visit of the Hot Springs in Machupicchu Pueblo
|DAY 3||8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Return by train to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco
ITINERARY MACHU PICCHU HIKING TOUR 3D/2N
MACHU PICCHU HIKING TOUR DAY 1
CUSCO - CHACHABAMBA - WIÑAYWAYNA - MACHU PICCHU
Inca Trail 3 days to Machu Picchu - Km 104 - Day 1
We pick you up by bus from your hotel at 5:40am (depending on the train time) and take you to the train station. We travel by train on a very picturesque route for 2 and a half hours until we reach the kilometer 104 – Chachabamba, where we begin our exciting adventure: Hiking the Inca Trail . From here, we have a walk of approximately 4 hours up to the Inca site Wiñay Wayna ('Forever Young') (2680m/8792ft).
We then continue on to Inti Punku ('Sun gate') (2730m/8957ft) from where you have your first view over the Majestic Machu Picchu (2400m/7873ft). We walk down the last part of the trail towards the ancient city itself. Before reaching Machu Picchu, we have a short rest and then descend to Aguas Calientes or Machupicchu Pueblo using the tourist bus. We arrive at around 4:30pm, and transfer to our hotel where we overnight.
Meals: Lunch - Tea Time - Dinner.
MACHU PICCHU HIKING TOUR DAY 2
Excursion at Machu Picchu
Inca Trail 3 days - Excursion at Machu Picchu - Day 2
We have breakfast and then take the bus at 8:00 am up to Machu Picchu. A walking tour (of approximately 2 hours) is given by your guide, after which you can explore the mysterious city all by yourselves. If you have energy you can also climb Huayna Picchu (2720m/8890ft), as it takes about 45 minutes to reach the top.
Optional: you can give an early night visit to the Aguas Calientes' Hot Springs where the entrance fee is US $4.
MACHU PICCHU HIKING TOUR DAY 3
Machu Picchu to Cusco
Inca Trail 3 days - Machu Picchu to Cusco - Day 3
After breakfast we take the train back to Ollantaytambo followed by a bus to Cusco.
We are in Cusco at around noon.
The itinerary and campsites provided by the INC (Institution that runs the Inca Trail) are subject to change depending on the time of booking. It can also vary depending on the climate or the health status of the trekkers. The train (to and from Ollantaytambo) included in every tour is the Expedition Service. Train times will only be confirmed near the time of the trek; thus if you join a group later we cannot guarantee you will be travelling on the same trains as the rest of the group. Train times are also subject to change depending on the train company timetables or availability.
- Transfers In / Out
- Transportation from Cusco till Km. 104/Chachabamba where we start hike the Inca Trail.
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Assistant tour guide (for groups of 9 or more people)
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus tickets to Machupicchu Inca City and to Machupicchu town
- 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 afternoon snack, 1 dinner and various snacks to be eaten throughout the day; the first breakfast and every meals after the breakfast on days 2 and 3 are not included.
- Professional cook: all our fresh vegetables are washed in iodine water prior to serving and we provide only boiled, filtered or iodized water for drinking. Vegetarian food on request at no extra cost! All dietary requirements from vegans, lacto-allergies and general dislikes can be catered for so long as prior warning is given when booking the trip
- First aid kit
- 1 oxygen tank
- Porters (carrying the food and cooking equipment)
- 2 night in a touristic hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Expedition train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco
- First breakfast before the transfer on the first day – lunch at the last day at Aguas Calientes.
- Extra porter for personal items.
- Tips are not included but it is optional
- Walking sticks (15 $ for a pair of sticks).
- Extra porter for personal items (60$ for 7 Kilos – max. 7 Kilos).
- Upgrade to Single room in Aguas Calientes (70$) pr 02 nights.
- Upgrade to Vistadome train (80$ ).
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu (65$) – There is only a limited space at Huayna Picchu (400 persons per day), so it is a good idea to book in advance.
- We can help you to book hotels (standard and luxury) in whole Peru.
- Hotels in Cusco: no matter what the standard you would like (Standard, Economy, First Class, or Luxury) you should ask us to book your room as we know all the different rates for every hotel in Cusco and might secure you a pretty sweet deal.
- To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a valid ISIC card. Scan the card and email us the copy at the time of your booking. We will then offer a $20 discount per student.
- For children younger than 16, we offer a $20 discount (you also need to scan and email us a copy of the passports).
- For children younger than 7, we offer a $50 discount (same here: you need to scan and email the passports).
- Original passport (and International Student card (ISIC) if applicable).
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- Comfortable trousers.
- Sun hat.
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Insect repellent.
- Personal medication.
- Camera and films.
- Torch with spare batteries (headlamps are the best).
- Optional Items to Take | Inca Trail Tour to Machu Picchu 2 Days.
- Walking stick (with rubber tip).
- Plasters and bandages.
- Extra money.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes) where the entrance fee at the door is US$4.
WHEN TO BOOK THE INCA TRAIL TREK 3 DAYS
The government has strictly limited the number of people permitted on the Inca Trail (permits are issued to about 200 trekkers per day plus 300 porters this 500 permits include 4 days inca trail). We recommend that you make a trek booking as early as posible we recommend 4 months in advance.
It's recommended to book the tour inca trail to Machu Picchu 2 days in advance, before booking flight tickets and hotels, because there are limited spots to reservation for Inca trail at INC and PERU RAIL (train Tickets).