Inca Trail To Machu Picchu 3d
This is a variant of the Inca Trail, with Machu Picchu as its final destination, for people who do not have much free time to do the 4 day tour, the total walk is approximately 43 kilometers and takes 3 days, including the visit to the citadel of Machu Picchu.
duration : 3 Days | 2 Nights
SHORT INCA TRAIL + HUAYNAPICCHU
3 DAYS | 02 NIGHTS
(Included a full day in Machu Picchu)
Hiking the Inca Trail is a unique experience that you have to try once in your life: intense and fabulous trekking through a range of spectacular Inca ruins while contemplating some of the most marvelous sceneries on the way.
Extraordinary landscapes, walking the Inca Trail through different ecological systems, amazing variety of flora and fauna, the adventures awaiting for you along the 3 day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu present original cobble stones and allow you to visit the most important Inca complex on the way, Wiñayhuayna also known as "Forever Young". And you finish your trek at the impressive Inca citadel of Macchu Picchu so needless to say that this is an experience you are not to forget anytime soon.
Like every Inca Trail Expeditions Tour, this adventure has been designed by travelling specialists so you can completely rely on us for everything and be sure every dime of yours is wisely spent.
SERVICE LEVEL: COMFORT
|DAY 1||6:30 a.m.
Bus till Ollantaytambo - Train till Km 104/Chachabamba.
10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hike to Machu Picchu.
Chachabamba – Winayhayna – Machu Picchu
|DAY 2||6:00 a.m. to 5:30p.m.
Tour to Machu Picchu:
Optional: visit of the Hot Springs in Machupicchu Pueblo
|DAY 3||8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Return by train to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco
ITINERARY MACHU PICCHU HIKING TOUR 3D/2N
MACHU PICCHU HIKING TOUR DAY 1
CUSCO - CHACHABAMBA - WIÑAYWAYNA - MACHU PICCHU
We will start our first day of the Inca Trail trek by picking everyone up from their hotels in Cusco early in the morning. You may want to have your breakfast in your hotel before your pick up time, but you can also bring snacks to bring along the way. From Cusco you will go to Ollantaytambo to take a train to KM104 (Expedition class train). Well start the Inca trail trek at KM 104 which is also an official Inca Trail checkpoint. Here they will check your passport, Inca Trail permit and your ISIC if you booked your Inca Trail trek with a student discount.
At this official Inca Trail checkpoint the authorities will ask for your original passport, your Inca Trail permit and if you booked your Inca Trail trek with a student discount, you will need to show your original ISIC card (International Student Identity Card) as well. In the area there are some archeological remains well visit called Chachabamba.
From this area it will take about 3 to 4 hours to hike steadily uphill to Wiñayhuayna. Well have a box lunch in Wiñayhuayna. Youll also have the chance to visit an archeological site in the area. From here well walk an additional 2 hours to get to Inti Punku also known as the Sun Gate in English.
From here well have our first view of Machu Picchu so it will be a reat opportunity t take pictures before heading towards Machu Picchu. Well be in Machu Picchu at about 4:00pm and stay for a little while to take in the view of Machu Picchu and rest. From Machu Picchu well take a bus down to Aguas Calientes. Well have a dinner together and stay overnight at our hotel.
MACHU PICCHU HIKING TOUR DAY 2
We´ll start our second day with breakfast at 5:00am at our hotel and then head out to the bus station in Aguas Calientes to take a bus up to Machu Picchu. Machu Picchu is at an altitude of about 2400 meters. We´ll have a guided tour of Machu Picchu that will last about 2 hours and afterwards you´ll have time to roam around the ancient city on your own to soak up the magical atmosphere.
When you feel like you´ve seen most of the city for the day, you can take one of the busses back to Aguas Calientes to have the rest of the day to yourself to wander, buy souvenirs, or visit the local hot springs which has an entrance fee of 10 Peruvian Nuevos Soles. You´ll stay overnight in the same hotel.
MACHU PICCHU HIKING TOUR DAY 3
Today well start with a breakfast at the hotel before we head back to Machu Picchu. Well take a bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu. Depending on your entrance time for Huayna Picchu you can walk around for a while before entering, but they are very strict about the entrance times, so make sure to be on time! You will need to show your entrance ticket for Huayna Picchu and your passport. If you had a student discount when you booked, you will also need to show your Student Visa.
It should take about 45 minutes to get to the top and once there you can rest from the strenuous and daunting climb up the mountain as well as enjoying the wonderful view of Machu Picchu and the surrounding mountains and valley. After climbing back down to Machu Picchu you can roam around Machu Picchu again or you can go back to Aguas Calientes right away. You can take a bus down to Aguas Calientes and from there, depending on your train schedule take your Expedition train to Ollantaytambo. In Ollantaytambo you will be picked up and driven back to Cusco.
Note: The time table for the trains may change according to the train companys availability. There will also be changes to your itinerary and price if you decide to change your departure time, or upgrade to the Vistadome Train. If you booked later than most of your group for your Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu, you may not be in the same train as the rest of your group.
End of our Services
The itinerary and campsites provided by the INC (Institution that runs the Inca Trail) are subject to change depending on the time of booking. It can also vary depending on the climate or the health status of the trekkers. The train (to and from Ollantaytambo) included in every tour is the Expedition Service. Train times will only be confirmed near the time of the trek; thus if you join a group later we cannot guarantee you will be travelling on the same trains as the rest of the group. Train times are also subject to change depending on the train company timetables or availability.
- Transportation from Cusco till Km. 104/Chachabamba where we start hike the Inca Trail.
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Assistant tour guide (for groups of 9 or more people)
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus tickets to Machupicchu Inca City and to Machupicchu town
- 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 afternoon snack, 1 dinner and various snacks to be eaten throughout the day; the first breakfast and every meals after the breakfast on days 2 and 3 are not included.
- Professional cook: all our fresh vegetables are washed in iodine water prior to serving and we provide only boiled, filtered or iodized water for drinking. Vegetarian food on request at no extra cost! All dietary requirements from vegans, lacto-allergies and general dislikes can be catered for so long as prior warning is given when booking the trip
- First aid kit
- 1 oxygen tank
- Porters (carrying the food and cooking equipment)
- 2 night in a touristic hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Expedition train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco
- First breakfast before the transfer on the first day – lunch at the last day at Aguas Calientes.
- Extra porter for personal items.
- Tips are not included but it is optional
- Walking sticks (15 $ for a pair of sticks).
- Extra porter for personal items (60$ for 7 Kilos – max. 7 Kilos).
- Upgrade to Single room in Aguas Calientes (70$) pr 02 nights.
- Upgrade to Vistadome train (80$ ).
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu (65$) – There is only a limited space at Huayna Picchu (400 persons per day), so it is a good idea to book in advance.
- We can help you to book hotels (standard and luxury) in whole Peru.
- Hotels in Cusco: no matter what the standard you would like (Standard, Economy, First Class, or Luxury) you should ask us to book your room as we know all the different rates for every hotel in Cusco and might secure you a pretty sweet deal.
- To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a valid ISIC card. Scan the card and email us the copy at the time of your booking. We will then offer a $20 discount per student.
- For children younger than 16, we offer a $20 discount (you also need to scan and email us a copy of the passports).
- For children younger than 7, we offer a $50 discount (same here: you need to scan and email the passports).
- Original passport (and International Student card (ISIC) if applicable).
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- Comfortable trousers.
- Sun hat.
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Insect repellent.
- Personal medication.
- Camera and films.
- Torch with spare batteries (headlamps are the best).
- Optional Items to Take | Inca Trail Tour to Machu Picchu 2 Days.
- Walking stick (with rubber tip).
- Plasters and bandages.
- Extra money.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes) where the entrance fee at the door is US$4.
WHEN TO BOOK THE INCA TRAIL TREK 3 DAYS
The government has strictly limited the number of people permitted on the Inca Trail (permits are issued to about 200 trekkers per day plus 300 porters this 500 permits include 4 days inca trail). We recommend that you make a trek booking as early as posible we recommend 4 months in advance.
It's recommended to book the tour inca trail to Machu Picchu 2 days in advance, before booking flight tickets and hotels, because there are limited spots to reservation for Inca trail at INC and PERU RAIL (train Tickets).