Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu
Salkantay Trek - Machu Picchu - Cusco - Peru - South America
The famous Salkantay trek to machu picchu, named among the 25 best treks or treks in the world, by the National Geographic Adventure Travel magazine, is a hike open to all travelers, without any limitation of spaces or permits has the connection to the Citadel or sanctuary of Machu Picchu passing through mountains covered with snow, jungle, lush tropical rainforests.
Located less than fifty kilometers northwest of the city of Cusco in the south central Peru by the mountain range of Vilcabamba and rising to 6271 meters above sea level (20,574 feet) of mountain. Salkantay trek is an excellent summit sacred glacier cap for thousands of years by the local people of the city of Cusco.
The name Salkantay Trek is a Quechua word meaning "Wild Mountain".
Our classic Salkantay Trek is a personalized design alternative for the traditional Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
On the way or hike is unbeatable, this is a cutting edge experience for adventurous travelers looking for a little more privacy and authenticity. With more spectacular views, the Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu offers the solitude and quiet contemplation of this path.
Tours to Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu:
- Activities: Excursion by the snowy from Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu
- Duration: 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Our Outputs: Daily
- Minimum number of passengers: 1 to more
- Months of Operation: All Year
- Type of Tour: Adventure - Cultural
- Type of service: Private - Group
Recommendations to take in the adventure trip to Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu:
- Backpack, with change of clothes for the walk. Polos, shorts and warm clothing.
- Serecomienda maximum 6 kilos for personal items.
- Waterproof or poncho (you can buy plastic ponchos in Cusco).
- Comfortable and sturdy shoes.
- Chompa and jacket (warm).
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Camera, movies and batteries.
- Cap to protect the sun.
- Sun block, repellent.
- Snacks: Energy bars, chocolates etc.
- Bottle with water and purification tablets (Micropur recommended, which can be purchased at local pharmacies in Cusco).
- Staff for the walk.