INCA JUNGLE TREK
There are many ways to trek Machu Picchu and one of the most exciting treks is the Machu Picchu Inca Jungle Trek. The trek is often quite popular amongst backpackers due to its cheap price as well as the fact that it combines trekking with many other fun activities. Below we give you guys an idea of a day to day itinerary of what the Inca Jungle Trek entails.
Is this tour for me?
Inca Jungle trek to Machupicchu.
03 Days along the Inca Jungle Trek to Machupicchu.
01 night in local accommodation along the route included in price (“3rd night hotel in Machupicchu Village is not included, hotel prices will vary according your expectations”.
English & Spanish “Other Languages on request”
Multi sports activities to Machupicchu, Llactapata Inca Trail and Machupicchu Inca citadel.
Unique Experience, Cycling to Machupicchu, River Rafting to Machupicchu, Zipline and trekking adventure to Machupicchu, made for outdoor people.
Small group experiences, Avg 12 “keep in mind that small groups means authentic experience”.
Age requirement: 12+ all travelers under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
Some high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travelers.
Full-day hikes (2- 4 hours), mountainous, steep terrain (hiking up and down with more than 3,500 masl of elevation) in some sections of the route,
The Inca Jungle trek has an 89 km (55.30 miles) in total, covered over 3 days and 2 nights; at the 3rd day guided tour at Machupicchu archaeological center. The hike is generally broken down into:
DAY 1 | Cusco – Abra Málaga – Santa Teresa (Biking and Rafting)
Pick up time is 5:30 a.m. from your hotel.
We will leave the Imperial City of Cusco and head towards the Sacred Valley of the Incas. It is here that we will have the chance to have the breakfast if you did not have it in Cusco. We will continue on to Abra Málaga (4 350 meters) (14 160 ft), the starting point of our biking tour. After a short explanation to help orientate you, your guide will provide you with the necessary equipment for the activity.
We will the begin our 3-hour, bicycle descent 55km (34.18 miles) until we reach the town of Huamanmarca. During the trip we will experience the beauty of the snow-capped mountains and the tropical forest. It is here in the tropical forest that our Peruvian Amazon adventure begins. We will cross small streams and We will enjoy the change from cold to a tropical climate. During the journey we will stop several times to review bicycles and equipment.
We will arrive at the town of Santa María (1 200 masl) (3,937.01 ft.), where we will have our lunch and stay for our first night in a hotel. In the afternoon we have the option of rafting on the Vilcanota River. This river offers category III and V + rapids. For this activity we will give you helmets, windbreaks and category V life jackets. This activity is available between the months of April to December, and you must be able to swim to participate in accordance with Peruvian law.
That is our first day of Inca jungle trail to Machu Picchu.
Biking time: 3.5 hour approximately.
Meals: Lunch, and Dinner
DAY 2 | Inca Trail by Llactapata “1st view Machupicchu” AND ZIPLINE
Overnight in Aguas Calientes at 1,900 m/6,232 ft.
After a hearty breakfast, during the day there we will have the opportunity to do the zip line activity “We run in the air over the Andean Mountains”. This activity lasts approximately two hours.
Later. We head uphill for 2-3 hours towards Llactapata Pass (2,736 m/8,974ft), where we come upon a distant but spectacular view of Machu Picchu Sanctuary from the southeast, a view few travelers ever get a chance to admire. We take a short break to explore the Llactapata Ruins, which have recently been restored. We arrive to Hydroelectric Village “Train station Village”, We continue walking next to the rail way until Aguas Calientes also known as Machupicchu Village (approx. 3 hours) to Aguas Calientes, the town of Machu Picchu. Upon arrival, we check into a hotel for a celebration dinner with our guide and one last briefing for our next day experience!
Note - Those who prefer not to hike from Hydroelectric Village to Aguas Calientes can take the train experience 40 minutes’ trip “price is not included”. They will meet the rest of the group at the train station in Aguas Calientes together. (The guide confirms your preferences the night before.)
Hiking Time: 5–6 hours
Hiking Level: Moderate to Challenging.
About Our overnight in Machupicchu Village: Hotel in Aguas Calientes will vary according your request and expectations.
A LITTLE OF HISTORY:
Bingham first discovered Llactapata in 1912. "We found evidence that some Inca chieftain had built his home here and had included in the plan ten or a dozen buildings. Bingham locates the site "on top of a ridge between the valleys of the Aobamba and the Salcantay, about 5,000 feet above the estate of Huaquina." "Here we discovered a number of ruins and two or three modern huts. The Indians said that the place was called Llactapata." Bingham did not investigate the ruins thoroughly, however, and they were not studied again for another 70 years.
Trekking Time: Approximately 9 hours (including picnic lunch in the route), and 2 hours for the lunch time.
Walk and Terrain: Walk, on mostly steep trails, and some open slopes.
Distance: 18 km.
Meals: Lunch, Breakfast, and Dinner
DAY 3: VISIT OF THE INCA CITADEL MACHU PICCHU - RETURN CUSCO
This will be the most important day of our trip, for which we will get up very early around 04:30 am, after the indications of the guide, we will realize a small original walk of 1 hour with 40 minutes, passing by a beautiful panorama that will lead us until arriving at the Inca citadel, when arriving at the archaeological center of Machu Picchu our guide will give us an explanation of 3 hours, after the explanation, we will also have free time to be able to visit individually and to be able to take the photos.
At night we will board the train to Ollantaytambo, where our bus Machu Picchu Peru tours will be waiting for us to return to Cusco, arriving at about 22:30, transfer to the hostel and thus ends our walk of the inca jungle to Machu Picchu. end of our tour.
INCA JUNGLE TREK 3 DAYS
INCA JUNGLE TREK TO MACHUPICCHU CLASSIC STYLE
What is Included?
- Pre-departure briefing: You will meet your Inca Jungle trail Adventure guide and group in our office for an orientation before your adventure to Machupicchu. The meeting will be at 6:00 PM the evening before the trip begins. In case you can’t come at this time “please let us know” to coordinate another time.
- Touristic Transport: You will be picked up from your hotel in Cusco in the morning and will travel by private transportation to Abra Malaga “Alfamayuc”, the starting point of the Inca Jungle Trail.
- Adventure Experienced Inca Jungle Tour Guide: English speaking, professionally educated, and official tour guide with tourism certification. They all grew up in this region and have a true passion to teach others about their heritage. Your guide will explain the culture and surroundings along the entire route, including leading your group in ancient ceremonies! He or she will keep you safe, sound, and comfortable on your trek so that you can enjoy your time along the inca adventure and will ensure you are safe and happy..
- Tour Guide in Machupicchu Cultural Experienced: English speaking, professionally educated, and official tour guide with tourism certification. For visit the sacred city of Machupicchu.
- Overnight Inclusions: Each campsite is carefully choosed for having a very local experience.
- Night 1: The 1st night will be in a local family lodging in Santa Teresa village, the local lodging has the basic services such as private bathroom and shower with hot water.
- Night 2: The 2nd night in hotel is not included, which is in the town of Aguas Calientes; It is also known as Machupicchu Village; prices of hotels will vary according to your expectations and budget. However, we can offer you the option of joining us at our local accommodation Hotel Encanto Machupicchu "at no extra cost". www.hotel-encanto.com Our hostel in Aguas Calientes have double or triple rooms, private bathroom, hot shower, Wi-Fi, breakfast, and luggage storage while you visit Machu Picchu.
- Entry ticket to Machu Picchu Inca Site
- Biking experience: Professional mountain bike, helmet, gloves.
- Zipline experience: Professional assistance, helmet, gloves. Flying across the jungle in Peru
- River rafting experience: Rafting kit (lifejackets, helmet, dress coat, waterproof jacket, neoprene suit, oar, blow-up boat)
- Meals: 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners (Vegetarian, vegan, or special menus are available at no extra cost) Please be in mind (1st breakfast and last lunch is not included”
- Water: Imperios Travel Experiences Perú will supply all the water needed only at our office in Cusco “for your 1st day trek”, after you arrival in the village and along the adventure you will be able to find plenty local families selling water. For getting the water in our office you must supply your own water bottles or camel back. We recommend carrying about 3L worth.
- Medical kit and Oxygen bottle: Our crew will bring a first-aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Train tickets: From Aguas Calientes “Machupicchu village” to Ollantaytambo train station (departure time is confirmed the day of briefing and it´s subject to availability)
- Transfer back to Cusco: Private touristic transport from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco (Day 3)
- 24-hour guest service: We have telephone service available 24 hours/day for ease of communication and preparation with the agency leading up to your trek.
- Bus Concetur to Machupicchu inca City: Most of the times the wait to board the bus to Machupicchu is from 1 hour to 1:30 min, So we prefer that you decide a day before your visit to the Inca city of Machupicchu. If you wish to take the bus considering the waiting time. Or if you prefer to do the last stretch of ascent walking up 45 to 1 hour "everything will depend on your physical state, after the trekking done".
- Walking Sticks: You can rent a set from our company if you would like.
- Day 1: Breakfast: Approx. Usd5 to usd 10.00, Price can vary according your selection.
- Last Day: Lunch and Dinner in Aguas Calientes. Approx. Usd 20 to 25.00, Price can vary according your selection.
- Personal clothing and gear
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for our staff: Please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish “Recommendation usd 6 to usd 8 per day per traveler for all the trek staff”- Once again it is optional and can vary according your satisfaction.
- Option: If you feel tired after the trek to Llactapata, you have the option to take a train from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes. (Cost: USD $34.00)
- Additional costs or delays out of control of the management (landscape, bad weather condition, itinerary modification due to a safety concern, illness, change of government policy, political instability/strike, etc.)
Thank you for choosing ITEP “Imperios Travel Experiences Perú”!
With ITEP “Imperios Travel Experiences Perú” every step is a great Adventure!!! Working hard for create a Memorable Lifetime Experience for you!!!.
STUDENT DISCOUNT: $20 off per person
Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send us a copy of your student card
There are several optional upgrades you can include in this trip. Below is a quick list of it , but check our Overview section for more details.
- Walking Poles –USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- Vistadome Train Upgrade “Panoramic train” –USD per person (Return Only)
- Zipline in Santa Teresa “may involve losing the Llactapata trekking” –USD per person
- Buffet Lunch Celebration in Sanctuary Lodge on the last day in Machupicchu. - USD per person (all fresh drinks are included)
PERU LUXURY INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU TREK:
Luxury Inca Jungle Trail to Machupicchu “Exclusive lodge”: Price just on request, only on private service.
Perú Luxury Inca Jungle trail to Machupicchu is where stunning and amazing nature meets modern luxury camping. Some call it luxury camping. Some call it glamorous camping. Either way, this camping style is dedicated to inspiring and guiding those who are seeking a different kind o luxury trekking trip in Perú, the kind that encourages cultural immersion, and a deeper engagement with one’s surroundings with enjoying this upscale approach to sleeping under the stars.