INCA TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU 1 FULL DAY
Hike the short Inca Trail and visit Machu Picchu Citadel all in one day. Exotic Andean mountains, primitive lush vegetation and extraordinary ecological varieties. The trail goes through the Machupicchu National Park and enters through Inti-Punku “The Sun Gate” with unforgettable views of Machu Picchu.
Upon arriving to Machu Picchu, you will get a private guided tour, all enjoy a Sunset free time in Machupicchu.
DAY 0 1
INCA TRAIL 1 DAY TO MACHUPICCHU OVERVIEW:
Enjoy a full day Inca trail with a sunset guided tour in Machupicchu; taking this adventure day trek we going to visit the most important archaeological site of the famous Inca Trail, Wiñayhuayna “For Ever Young”, midday we going to arrive to The Sun Gate and in the Afternoon a beautiful sunset Machupicchu guided tour.
- At 4:00 am your guide with our van will pick you up at your hotel in Cusco city, immediately transfer to Ollantaytambo train station
- (Train leaves at 6:10 am) You will travel through the Inka´s Sacred Valley to Ollantaytambo Train Station.
- The Expedition train ride consists of spectacular views in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, a little over an hour to KM 104 also know such as “Chachabamba”.
- At 7:20 am “INRENA” Machupicchu check point “, where we need to show our original passport, right away we going to start the Half Day Inca Trail until Machupicchu, on our way we going to visit Wiñayhuayna “For Ever Young” archaeological site and the Famous Sun Gate, from this place we can have a first view of Machupicchu.
- By 14:00; exploring time in Machu Picchu Inca city, your guide explain you all the history about this amazing and mysterious Inca city.
- By late afternoon, enjoy sunset and take the great picture when Machu Picchu it´´ empty.
- At 17:30 take the bus down to Aguas Calientes
- By 18:20 take the train and transfer back to Cusco (Train schedule can change according availability).
INCA TRAIL 01 DAY TO MACHUPICCHU
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo Train Station – Km104 “Chachabamba” – Wiñaywayna “Mean Forever young”– Inti Punku “Sun Gate” – Machu Picchu” Old Mountain” – Aguas Calientes – Cusco.
Our private transport and your guide will pick you up at your hotel at 4 am in Cusco for the journey to the train station of Ollantaytambo or 5:30am “meeting time “in Ollantaytambo if you wish to start from there. After 01 hour and 10 minute ride on the Expedition train, we arrive at 104 kilometer, this place is also know such as Chachamba and is at (2,100m/6,927ft) of the Cusco-Machu Picchu road where we begin the Inca trail . Here we pass by the first check point “Chachabamba”. Afterwards, we begin a moderate climb for three hours to the magnificent archaeological site of Wiñayhuayna “Wiñayhuayna” (2,650m/8747ft). Once we arrive you may enjoy the spectacular views of the Urubamba canyon and the sacred river, stunning Inca sites and the connection with the traditional four day Inca Trail.
After we have had time to enjoy this beautiful sight, we continue our hike to Inti Punku “the Sun Gate” (2,730mts/9,007ft). From there you will have the first spectacular view of Machu Picchu in all its brilliance and majestic monumentality. After enjoying the view, we walk downhill for about one hour to the citadel of Machu Picchu. Once there we will visit one of the most important mystic centers of the world: Machu Picchu.
A 2 hour guided tour takes you into the fascinating history of these mysterious Inca city
After that you will have plenty of time for further exploration of Machu Picchu, time to enjoy the Sunset in Machupicchu.
Later we head down to Aguas Calientes for dinner. In the evening (6:20pm) you will take and return in Expedition train to Ollantaytambo and catch our private van to Cusco and drop you to your hotel. You will arrive around 10:30 pm.
Meals: Box Lunch- as a passenger request.
Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- One day before “briefing about your Tour in Machupicchu with our staff at our office”
- Pick up from your hotel by your tour guide.
- Private transport from your hotel to the train station
- English speaking professional guide experienced in trekking and degree in archaeology.
- Expedition Touristic Train from Ollantaytambo to 104 kilometer trail to Machupicchu. “Chachabamba Stop”
- Admission Ticket to the Inca trail.
- Admission Ticket to Machu Picchu Inca City
- 1 Box lunch
- 01 Dinner in Aguas Calientes-Machupicchu restaurant
- Private guided for Machupicchu
- Sunset Free time
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to the Town Aguas Calientes
- Train Back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo train station in Expedition class train.
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo Train station to Cusco.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- It is not possible to do the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain climb due to time restraints.
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Tips for the staff (Tips are optional but will be appreciation for them; ITEP Travel staff receives a fair and decent payment immediately after they end their trip)
- Upgrade to Vistadome Train “Panoramic Train”– US$50 per each way per person “recommended in the route Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo”
- Insurance Accident as us request.